You love your chopping board. Show it how much you care. Keep it clean, dry and well oiled. Speaking of oil, it's hard to go past Jojoba Oil.
You kit includes:
- 1 x 125 mm cold-pressed organic Jojoba Oil - Plain or Lemon
- 1 x 125 mm spray bottle of white vinegar
- 6 x Sandpaper sheet - 3 different grades
- 1 x Cork sanding block
- 1 x Calico drawstring bag storage bag
- 1 x Strong zip lock bag for storing your oil bottle and/or cloth (to protect the calico bag)
A bit about Jojoba Oil
Jojoba Oil is not actually an oil *gasp*. It's a wax that is liquid at room temperature (solidifies around 10 degrees). Yarra Valley Maker Jojoba Oil is:
- Cold-pressed organic Jojoba Oil- 100% Pure OR with Lemon Essential Oil - no blending oils or preservatives
- Australian Certified Organic
- oxidatively stable so has a relatively long shelf life
- antibacterial - helps control bacterial growth on your board
- rich in vitamin E - a natural preservative
- considered non allergenic* (unlike walnut and other nut based oils)
- 100% plant based - no nasty petrochemicals
- safe to use on all kitchen timber ware - spoons, bowels, rolling pins, platters, bench tops, etc
To care for your board:
Using your hands or a clean, dry, lint-free cloth wipe/massage your board with oil. Leave it to soak up the oil for a couple of hours or overnight (on trivet or resting on it's long side). Then buff to a satin finish with another clean, dry cloth - a tea towel will do :)
DO NOT USE VEGETABLE OIL ON YOUR TIMBER WARE. Vegetable oils such as olive oil, sunflower oil, canola oil etc. will become rancid in the firers of the timber and produce a dreadful smell.
* while considered non allergenic, some people have displayed reactions to the topical application of Jojoba oil. It is your responsibility to test the oil for your own use. Jojoba oil is edible but non-caloric and non-digestible.
Our Redgum and Spotted Gum Boards are custom made for Yarra Valley Maker. They are made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), supply chain certified, timber grown here in Victoria.
These lovely Redgum and Spotted Gum boards are manufactured by a team of master joiners in a small factory in Bayswater, Victoria. The guys use Australian made, non toxic, water based adhesive (which is FDA approved for food contact) to construct our boards. Blocks of 30mm timber are laminated together under high pressure using state of the art presses.
Once they come to Yarra Valley Maker they are treated like fine furniture. They are hand sanded with up to 4 grades of sandpaper to produce the silky smooth finish we are renowned for. Once sanded they are gently brushed down to remove sanding dust and massaged with two coats of organic Jojoba oil and then stored waiting to be lasered on demand to your requirements. Once out of the laser they are hand finished with Jojoba oil. The board is rested for 12+ hours to allow maximum absorption before a second treatment is added. 12+ hours after that they are hand polished for final presentation.
A final inspection is done prior to wrapping and packaging for transport
|Medium||20 cm x 30 cm x 3 cm||1.6 - 2.0 kg||Suits small kitchens. Great size cheese board for two.|
|Large||30 cm x 40 cm x 3 cm||3.4 - 3.8 kg||Good sized board for general use.|
|Ginormous||35 cm x 50 cm x 3 cm||5+ kg||Large enough to keep the most demanding chef happy.|